Dr. Flem's Laboratory

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Captain Atom Armageddon #1

First off, let me say that it's going to be incredibly hard for me to dislike a comic that features one of the old Charleston characters flying to stop a giant meteorite in a flying robot that looks like Composite Superman.


The best part is that no explanation is given in the course of the comic to explain why, exactly, they sent Captain Atom into space in a Composite Superman spaceship (or, for that matter, who "they" is).

The second half of the comic was also pretty enjoyable. Capt. Atom ends up in what I assume is the WildStorm continuity, fighting someone who looks vaguely familiar (in that I've probably seen him on a cover of a WildStorm title and ignored it). My own lack of knowledge about the WildStorm world (outside of the Authority and Planetary) certainly seems to be helping, as I'm as confused about everything as the protagonist.

ETA: I didn't even notice the welded-on spit curl on the Superman side of the head. Brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home